I could offer a million excuses as to why I have neglected this page but, none would be good enough to me, or you… Life got busy and I failed to keep up… Not anymore!
Really! It does! I have been battling this nasty monster since September 20th and am just now back to about 70% of my pre-pneumonia self! I have some things to catch up on around the house, Halloween to prepare for and my birthday is coming up on the 15th, I also have a house guest coming to stay with me for awhile so… Over the next few days I will try my BEST to start updating my Facebook pages, this blog, my website, and all my other social media pages… Please have patience, I feel better but still not good! I hope no one I know EVER has to go through bacterial pneumonia like I did!
I have been ignoring EVERYTHING on the internet lately… I have been VERY sick and just found out tonight why… I have pneumonia, not walking pneumonia, but full-on, #5 cause of death pneumonia… So, over the next few weeks, as I get better (fingers AND toes crossed), I will finally be updating everything – this blog, my website website, my FB pages- personal & fan & company, as well as my Pinterest, my LinkedIn, my G+, and everything else! I am actually going to be completely rebuilding my website and starting a news letter… So, keep checking back! Changes are coming…
I have been busy with a LOT of things lately! So, my blog has been suffering… I would like to explain:
1. I recently spent several weeks refinishing 2 large pieces of furniture. Before and after photos are below!
2. I have recently bought a Mac desktop and am converting everything photography related to it, while cleaning up my old external hard drive and Vaio laptop… This task has taken much longer than I expected! Should be finished today or tomorrow (fingers crossed)…
3. I have had a few shoots that I needed to tend to recently (one for a model/client of mine, one for a local radio station – Kinetic HiFi (check em out on the web: I will be on the show ‘Fired Up’ on the first Wednesday of every month from 8-10 PM EST)… You can listen to any of their shows at anytime via the website (http://www.kinetichifi.com/) or you can download the app ‘TuneIn Radio’ for your iPhone, iPod, or iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tunein-radio/id418987775?mt=8 or for your Android phone or tablet: http://www.appbrain.com/app/tunein-radio/tunein.player… Last time I was on the show (Wednesday, August 1st), we had my father on the chat page and had a blast talking about massage, photography, chasing flies and so much more! You can listen from anywhere in the world (as long as you have a signal), just go to the website or download the apps (and search for Kinetic HiFi)… It’s a local radio station that is dedicated to community helping community! You can see the photos from the launch party on my website: http://www.thatphotographydame.com/Events/Kinetic-HiFi/Kinetic-HiFi-Launch-Party/24720746_tdp4ct#!i=2021706978&k=pjR2wgJ
4. I have been dealing with some personal issues, that I won’t get into… All I will say is I was ‘kid-free’ for a few weeks and I didn’t do too well with it! But, my youngest is back now and school is about to start so, it’s all good now! LOL
5. I have recently developed some medical issues: A lot of people have heard of Lupus but don’t know much about it. There are 3 types of Lupus (even people with Lupus don’t usually know this)… I won’t go into great detail about each but here is a quick bit of info on the 2 types I am not at risk for:
– Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Also called SLE, this is the type of lupus that most people mean when they talk about the disease. SLE is the most serious form of lupus. SLE can affect the skin, joints, and tendons. It may also affect organs like the brain, heart, lungs, and kidneys.
– Cutaneous (or skin) Lupus: This type of lupus is a skin disease that causes a rash on the face, neck, scalp, and ears. There are two types of cutaneous lupus: discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE), which can cause scarring; and subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE), which doesn’t cause scars. Discoid lupus is a much more rare form of lupus than SLE, although about 10% of people with discoid lupus will develop a mild form of SLE. It doesn’t affect other body organs the way that SLE can.
– And the 3rd type of Lupus (the one I MAY have) – Drug-Induced Lupus: This type of lupus is caused by a reaction to certain kinds of medicines. For example, some types of anti-seizure medicines and acne medicines can cause this kind of lupus in teens. Drug-induced lupus is similar to SLE in the ways it affects the body, but once a person stops taking the medicine, the symptoms usually go away.
There are over 100 medications that can cause DIL (Drug Induced Lupus) and I happen to be on 3 of them! I have been keeping a close eye on all my symptoms and am going to the Doctor today at 4:15 PM EST to find out more! I have several symptoms of DIL but, they could also be explained by other factors… I know it may seem ‘coincidental’ but, you never know till you know! I’ll know more this evening and update the blog then! Until then, please do not worry about me, spend your energies and emotions on yourself and your families… I will be fine! I promise!
Now, after all that has been said, here are some quick photos of my recent projects, 2 chest of drawers that needed to be refinished, one stained (sanded it down to bare wood and re-stained it as well as poly), one painted (had 7 layers of old paint on it that I had to remove before I could repaint it):
Before of number 1:
After of number 1:
Before of number 2:
I also finished up a custom piece of artwork for a very dear friend:
I will be updating again later tonight and tomorrow both!
I’m posting up really quickly so everyone will know I didn’t totally forget about my blog! I have a couple that I will be posting soon (today & tomorrow) so that I can catch up on my ‘regular’ blogs and to talk about some recent events, as well as upcoming ones! So, check back later today and tomorrow for some new blogs!
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO:
1. Know you helped so many people through out the world that the ripple MAY NEVER END?
2. Make the dreams come true for a woman who has spent (on average) 50+ hours a week for the last several years donating her time, money, energy, and ALL of her being to helping others?
3. Be able to say you have contributed to helping to find a cure for several diseases, assisted people with disabilities, helped to continue research into treatments and cures for an endless number of disorders, and supported SEVERAL charities/foundations that help hundreds of thousands of people every year?
4. Knowing you are at least ONE person’s forever hero?
5. Have an autographed first edition of an exciting new book series portraying people who are heroes to everyone around them? And you get to CHOOSE which book in the series you get autographed (with a PERSONAL message)!
6. Know all this is true by getting updates from the people & organizations you helped? (updates will be on a website devoted to the book series, also you can get e-mail updates through the website by signing up for the newsletter – the website will be posted on Facebook when up and running or you can give me your e-mail and I will send you the link when it is launched!
HOW CAN YOU DO ALL THIS? AND HOW MUCH MONEY/TIME DO YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP?
First, NO MONEY! I don’t want a single penny from you! Second, it only takes 1 (one) single minute of your time and you don’t even have to get up from your PC (or put down your phone or tablet)!
How you can do ALL of this is simple: Help me win one of several small business grants being offered by Chase & Living Social… It is 5 simple steps!
Step 1: Click the link below…
Step 2: Log-in with your Facebook account(s)… *you can vote for more than one company and you if you have more than one Facebook account, you can vote with each one for all the companies you want to support*
Step 3: In the search fields, type in ‘That Photography Dame’ (no ‘s), leave the city blank or put in Ladson, SC…
Step 4: Click to support That Photography Dame!
Step 5: To be put on MY list of supporters (to make sure you get the book and updates, etc.), message me your vote number (so I can verify you voted)…
It will take you 1/5th the amount of time you took to read this, so why not add 1 (one) more minute to go support That Photography Dame & the potentially millions of people the book series will help?
~ The book series is called, “The Faces Of…” and each book will highlight people who have had to face cancers, diseases, disorders, disasters, and much more by telling THEIR story in THEIR words with a portrait (taken by That Dame) showing the true ‘essence’ and ‘soul’ of each person! Part of the proceeds from each book will be donated and/or used to fund events to raise money for charities/organizations that are specific to each book’s subject!~
(also, if I do win the grant and you supported me, you will have the opportunity to buy any of the other books in the series, besides your FREE copy, for the price of printing plus the amount that would normally go to the benefit funds, in other words, at a HUGE discount!!! The books will sell at approximately $60/each and will be hardback and color)
REMEMBER: Log-in with your Facebook account, Search That Photography Dame (no city needed but located in Ladson, SC), and click to support… Then let me know your vote #! Thank you all so much!
ALSO: If I get the grant, I will be giving away 10 free 3 hour shoots, winners chosen randomly from the people who voted for me and supported me! If anyone can get me enough votes to get me to my 250 by tonight through their friends and can verify it… I will give that/those people a $2500 photo shoot & package for free!!! *limited to 3 people, with some other small restrictions (i.e. scheduling dates, types of shoots, etc.)… Hair and make-up will be provided by a professional make-up artist*
Sorry I have not been posting updates to this challenge… The summer always brings chaos, both personal and professional… So, here I am making up for it but catching up to the current week… Enjoy:
Week 4 –
Week 5 –
Week 6 –
Week 7 –
Week 8 –
Week 9 –
Week 10 –
Week 11 –
Hope you enjoyed the photos!!! More coming soon!
— n: the methods, character, status, etc, of a professional
— n: adherence to moral principles; honesty
Second, what this means as a Photographer:
As a Professional Photographer, I always make sure that I uphold my professionalism and my integrity. I have asked several people that I know to define the word ‘professionalism’ and here are some of the responses I got:
I think appearance should be profession appropriate one shouldnt go into a business meeting in Jeans and a t-shirt… One shouldnt use profanity when dealing in professional manner also being.very articulate is a plus… Tardiness,.aloofness and being pompus is sure to lose business or not get hired.. one should be confident without being condescending.. nice without butt kissing…. Dont hog the conversation nor correct the other person people tend to get offended or pissed about that